HP Notebooks – Installing Drivers Manually in Windows
If you have attempted to download and install a driver from the HP Support site and were unable to run the .exe file, this document offers instructions for installing the driver manually.
Use the following steps to install the driver manually:
- From the Desktop, open File Explorer.
- Open the C: drive.
- Open the SwSetup folder.
- Open the driver folder. It should be in the following format: spXXXXX.
- Open the Setup file, and then follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
How To Find and Download Software and Drivers for HP Products
Update specific drivers in Device Manager
If a specific hardware component (such as the touchpad, video display, or keyboard) is not working correctly, or is missing functionality, update the component driver in Device Manager.
- In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.
- In the list of devices, expand the device you want to update.
- Right-click the device and then select Update driver or Update driver software.
- Click Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to install the updated driver.
- Restart your computer to complete the installation of the updates.
Find driver updates on the HP website
- Go to the HP Software and Driver Downloads page.
- If a Let’s identify your product to get started page displays, click Laptop or Desktop.
- Type the model name for your computer in the Or, enter your serial number field, and then click Submit.
- If a Matching products webpage opens, select your model number from the list.
- The software results page for your computer displays with the default operating system selected. If you need to change the operating system, click Change, select your version, and then click Change.
- From the list of available software and driver categories, click the category name, and then click Download.
Follow the on-screen instructions to install the software or driver.
For detail drivers please visit HP Official Site