My HP Support
HP Notebook PCs – How Do I Find My Product Name or Number?
This document is for HP notebook PCs.
Your product name and number can help you find appropriate service and support.
- Product name (model number): Identify your notebook in a series your product belongs in. Examples include HP G71 Notebook PC and HP Chromebook 11. You might need more specific information to find support for your product.
- Product number: Identify your specific notebook within a series, and some of its features. Use this number to download the correct drivers or find support documents. Examples include HP Chromebook 11-2001nd and HP Spectre Folio 13-ak0xxx.
- Serial number: Identifies your specific HP product. You need this number to service the notebook, find warranty status, or work with HP Customer Support. To learn how to find your serial number, go to HP PCs, Printers – Finding the Serial Number.
Use one of the following methods to find your product name and model number. If you cannot turn on the computer or Windows does not open, use the method to look on the product.
Install Chromebook Recovery Utility (HP Chromebook, Chromebox)
Use the Chromebook Recovery Utility to find your HP Chromebook or Chromebox information.
- Download and install the free version of the Chromebook Recovery Utility from the Chrome Web Store.
- Click the Launcher icon , click All Apps, and then click Recovery.
- Click Get Started.
- On the Identify your Chromebook screen, type the code provided.
Use HP Support Assistant
Find the product information with HP Support Assistant.
- Download and install HP Support Assistant, if necessary.
- In Microsoft Windows, search for and open HP Support Assistant.
- Click the My devices tab.
The product name and model number display on the tile for your notebook.
- Updating HP Software and Drivers – HP Support
- How To Extend Your HP Notebook Battery Life in Microsoft Windows
- Finding and Downloading Software & Drivers For Microsoft Windows
Update specific drivers in Device Manager
If a specific hardware component (such as the touchpad, video display, or keyboard) is not working correctly, or is missing functionality, update the component driver in Device Manager.
- In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.
- In the list of devices, expand the device you want to update.
- Right-click the device and then select Update driver or Update driver software.
- Click Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to install the updated driver.
- Restart your computer to complete the installation of the updates.
Find BIOS updates on the HP website
Only install BIOS updates from HP. Use one of the following links for detailed instructions to find and install BIOS updates from HP.
Restore device drivers – Windows
Restore or reinstall a program that does not work properly or becomes infected with malware. This also works to revert a program to its original version.
Microsoft Windows 10
Find and restore or reinstall original device drivers for your computer with Windows 10.
- HP recommends installing the latest drivers available from Windows Update. Go to Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update for more information.
- Go to the HP Customer Support – Software and Driver Downloads page. If a Let’s identify your product to get started page displays, select your computer type. Type the model name of your computer, and then click Submit. From the list of available software and driver categories, find the software or driver. Click the category name, and then click Download.
If you need a previous version of a driver, there might be a link to an older driver in the details.
Microsoft Windows 8, Windows 7
Use the HP recovery process to install the original drivers that came with your computer. Recovery Manager enables you to choose specific hardware or drivers to reinstall. For more information about how to use these HP software applications, see one of the following support documents.